El Buen Samaritano (El Buen) is 501C(3) tax-exempt organization committed to recognizing the dignity of all by ensuring access to healthcare, education and essential needs that lead to healthy, productive, and secure lives.
Since its inception, El Buen has been at the forefront of responding to the many social-environmental factors that lead to lack of access to health care, social services, education and nutrition, and has transformed to become a “one stop shop” for Latino and other families in Central Texas. El Buen provides an array of programs and services that enable our community to engage in a critical social support network.
Through our Education programming, El Buen provides:
- Adult ESL and Digital Literacy classes
- Workforce Development
- Youth Academic Center of Excellence (YACE) for year-round academic support
- Summer Academic Enrichment and Leadership Development Camps
- Intergenerational Programming
- Digital media workshops
- Outdoor Families community resource fair
- Back to School backpack distribution event
Through our Food Access programming, El Buen provides:
- Year-round distribution of healthy and nutritious food
- Home-delivery, mobile and pop-up pantry services
- SNAP, Medicaid, TANF and other benefit assistance application support
- Community garden with El Buen and community member plots for produce production
- Hands for Hope (H4H) holiday meal distribution events in November and December
Through our Health and Financial Access programming, El Buen provides:
- Women and adolescent health education and promotion
- Vaccine and bilingual education access
- Financial and rental assistance
- Distribution of natural disaster emergency relief funds
- Community Health Worker (CHW) certification and continuing education
- Address health and social needs by facilitating referrals to additional services
El Buen is driven by social justice principles – co-creating with community, leading in collaboration with diverse individuals, and engaging clients, patients, providers, community health workers, and funders.
Join us in our mission to provide access and equity by making a contribution today!
Impact by the numbers: